Marcellin College strives to create a rich and diverse learning environment that recognises a focus on developing the ‘whole person’ is essential for learning. We provide opportunities for participation, communication and engagement, which can increase self-esteem and build a sense of belonging to the College community.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the relevant Teacher in Charge, this coaching position is responsible for the skill development of players at all levels. This position needs to appreciate all aspects of College philosophy, pastoral care and general student management and wellbeing. The incumbent is required to coach the designated sport team at all levels and will ensure success with their particular team. The incumbent will be expected to contribute to the development of a sporting plan for their particular sport and follow the skills, strategies and team plays outlined by the relevant Teacher in Charge.
Standards and Expectations
- To conduct themselves, at all times, in a manner that adheres to the School’s policies and practices, which include maintaining standards of professional conduct and appropriate dress
- To act as a positive role model and the representative of the School at training and during competition. This involves ensuring that the School’s policies pertaining to sport, conduct, attendance and uniform are adhered to and that breaches of these policies are reported to the Teacher in Charge for subsequent action
- Attending professional learning opportunities when requested to do so
- Coaching in accordance to the sporting plan outlined by the Head of Sport and Teacher in Charge to ensure consistency of approach across the year levels
- Ensure they are always on time for training and matches, including arriving 30 minutes prior to the commencement of a match to ensure a proper warm up can take place
- Ensuring appropriate sportsmanship behaviour on the sporting field regardless of opposition or sporting circumstance
- Conduct training sessions in a meaningful, safe and responsible manner in conjunction with the Marcellin staff member
- To conduct structured and organised training sessions
- To select teams for fixtures. This includes the selection of players and officials (where applicable)
- Support the Marcellin staff member to ensure they submit a detailed team sheet at your final training session for the weekend fixture
- Support the Marcellin staff member to ensure that all match, training and fixture information is communicated to all players
- To maintain all issued equipment and report any loss or damaged equipment to the Head of Sport
- To provide feedback to the relevant Teacher in Charge about player behaviour both positive and negative
- Maintain a log of hours worked and submit a supplied time sheet monthly
All applications should be submitted online with the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Resume with 2 referee details
- A completed online application form (via the system)
Child Safeguarding Compliance
All applicants are required to:
- Provide proof of Identification (Driver Licence or Passport)
- Provide evidence of or agree to undertake a current WWCC
- Provide or agree to undertake a police check (National Police Check)
- Complete a Child Safety Declaration & undertake online Child Safety Training
Early applications are encouraged.
Please contact Human Resources, on +61 3 9851 1589 if you require further information.
All staff members at Marcellin are expected to support the Catholic ethos of the College.
Marcellin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.